Thursday, September 6, 2012

CASTING UPDATE! Butz, Butz, and More Butz


I am trying this new column called CASTING UPDATE, where I will summarize the recent casting news from around the Rialto and beyond. So the major casting news today is:

- Norbert Leo Butz will star in the Chicago, pre-Broadway world premiere of the new musical BIG FISH, based on the film of the same name. The musical will feature music by Andrew Lippa. It will run at the Oriental Theater from April 2nd-May 5th, 2013

- Judy Greer (The Descendants), Josh Hamilton (The Coast of Utopia), and Jayne Houdyshell (Follies) will join Katie Holmes and Norbert Leo Butz in Theresa Rebeck's new play DEAD ACCOUNTS

- Olympic gymnast Danell Leyva may join the cast of SPIDER-MAN: TURN OFF THE DARK

- Beth Leavel, Mark Jacoby, Valerie Wright, Adam Heller, and Michael Mandell will reprise their roles in ELF from last year this winter on Broadway.

1 comment:

  1. Is it sad that I'd go see Dead Accounts just cause I found out Jayne Houdyshell is in it? I loved her in Follies. Heck, I just loved Follies.

    ReplyDelete