Tuesday, February 7, 2012

SMASH Premieres!


So the new Broadway-themed musical drama SMASH premiered last night on NBC. While it has been available online for almost three weeks (I almost forget what happened it's been so long), it premiered to a solid 7.1/13 rating, falling just short of the ratings THE VOICE and TWO AND A HALF MEN received.

Personally, I think it was really well done on all levels with great singing, dancing, and acting. Both Megan Hilty and Katherine McPhee broke out and will most definitely become stars. The original songs (written by HAIRSPRAY's Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman) were catchy and showcased the stars' voices well and made me want Marilyn: The Musical to be a reality. I'm excited to hear and see more and hope the show keeps up the high quality.

Check out my favorite song of the show "Let Me Be Your Star" below!

No comments:

Post a Comment