Monday, February 6, 2012

REVIEW: La Cage Aux Folles National Tour


Last night, instead of watching the Super Bowl, I went to go see the National tour of La Cage Aux Folles at the Kennedy Center starring George Hamilton and Christopher Sieber. Overall, it did not blow me away but I had a very fun time.

From the minute a character in drag came out to entertain the crowd before the show started through the final curtain call, I was consistently impressed with the classiness but hilarity of the show's drag-centered plotline. I thought Christopher Sieber was AMAZING, but I think George Hamilton left a lot to be desired. I also had some trouble with the sound of the show, and could rarely hear the chorus over the orchestra.

The costumes and set were beautiful and elegant which suited the show very well. I thought the choreography was at times simple and at some times fantastic and elegant (including the now mandatory tap number).

Overall, I don't think I wasted time or money in seeing the tour of the 2010 Tony Best Revival winner.

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment