Tuesday, February 14, 2012

SMASH REVIEW! Episode 2


{SPOILERS AHEAD}

So I very much enjoyed the second episode of NBC's new hit series SMASH! The episode centered around the rounds of grueling callbacks to find Marilyn. The creative team of the musical was torn over Karen (Katherine McPhee) or Ivy (Megan Hilty). I really liked how you really could not tell who was going to get the role and they treated the actresses as equals. The music stayed on par with the past episode; especially the new Shaiman original "20th Century Fox Mambo" and Hilty's cover of Carrie Underwood's "Crazy Dreams," which felt like a completely different song from the original.

Throughout the episode I couldn't decide who I wanted to be Marilyn, so the show was successful in making viewers feel the struggle the characters were going through. In the end, I think I am happy with the decision to have Ivy be Marilyn. I'm excited to see where it goes. Check out some songs from the episode below:


No comments:

Post a Comment