Tuesday, March 20, 2012

SMASH REVIEW: Episode 7 "The Workshop"

This week's SMASH saw the much anticipated workshop of MARILYN actually take place in front of investors and characters' family and friends. The drama was high and it was a really great episode. Not to mention Bernadette Peters' debut as Ivy's mom, Leigh Conroy.

The workshop was really good, and I really liked how we got bits of every song we've heard so far as well as clips from previous episodes that made up parts of the workshop (at least in Ivy's head). Ivy's solo version of "Let Me Be Your Star" gave me chills and I also loved the reprise that included the full chorus that they used over the curtain call.

Bernadette Peters was perfect as Ivy's stage mom and a famed actress. She also killed her rendition of "Everything's Coming Up Roses." I'm so excited to see her come back in the role during the season finale.

The preview for the next episode set up a lot of drama and betrayal and I'm interested to see where it goes. The major negative I have right now: this week's songs aren't on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment