Monday, March 5, 2012

New Details About New Sondheim Musical ALL TOGETHER NOW


BroadwayWorld has announced new details on the upcoming Stephen Sondheim/David Ives new musical that was first reported last week. Apparently in a recent interview, Sondheim has given new details about the project. Here is what was reported:

The musical, reportedly follows a similar structure to Sondheim's Merrily We Roll Along, in which the storytelling occurs in reverse chronological order. He tells The Times that the project centers on “two people and what goes into their relationship...We’ll write for a couple of months, then have a workshop. It seemed experimental and fresh 20 years ago. I have a feeling it may not be experimental and fresh any more.” Sondheim began the project in 1991. He explains further: “I’m writing very slowly. It’s hard to get back on the bicycle... I have spent the past four years writing books [Finishing the Hat and Look, I Made a Hat], so I’m rusty."

I'm so excited for this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment